As we gather around the table for the Thanksgiving holiday, the ASBMB Office of Public Affairs has made our own list of things we’re thankful for this year.
- Scientists who spend their days and nights tirelessly working to develop treatments and cures that improve the quality of life for society.
- Members of Congress who understand the value of an investment in basic research.
- The leadership at the National Institutes of Health who maintain the NIH as the global gold standard for biomedical research.
- Researchers who help educate the public on the importance of what they do.
- The commitment of ASBMB members to advocacy efforts on behalf of the research enterprise.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from the ASBMB Office of Public Affairs!